Revolving doors are stapled entryways for many buildings and businesses because they allow more control over entering and leaving the premises. That being said, when you are considering adding these doors to your location, then it is important to contact an established company like Door Automation. They will adhere to revolving door code compliance so your customers are safe and unbothered when visiting your business.
There are some very important features and specifications surrounding a revolving door to keep all users safe, including:
- Determine the capacity needed for each entrance and consider the benefits of a larger-diameter door.
- Delineate whether a manual or automatic revolving door is necessary.
- Make specifications consistent with architectural details.
- Make specifications consistent with the manufacturer’s door model selected as the basis of specification.
- Carefully choose the number of door wings—three or four—and detail the plan view consistently.
- Indicate the desired dimensions for diameter, door opening height, height under canopy, and canopy height.
- Specify a finish for the canopy of the revolving door system. The basics to consider here are whether the canopy will be visible from above and exposed to the outside elements.
- Determine security needs. Will night sliding doors be required? Prevention of tailgating or piggybacking? Do security concerns warrant remote locking and card readers?
When you look at the wide Boon Edam revolving doors used at airports, there are specific dimensions and automated safety protocols in place that make them highly favorable.
Contact Door Automation for more information about their products and services, and then select the best revolving doors for your business.